The Leaf & Twig razors are uniquely pleasant to use safety razors.
Before using your Leaf or Twig Razor, read through these instructions to ensure you understand how to load and use your razor before use.
Exercise caution when handling blades and using the razor, the blades are sharp.
Please keep the razor and blades out of reach of children.
Loading Your Razors
The Leaf Razor
Can house between one and three blades.
- Open the blade holder by turning the screw counterclockwise (don't worry, it can't fall out!).
- Load the blades (lower, middle, then top blade). Ensure they sit flat, matching the notch on the side of the blade with the notch on each blade level (this is important!).
- Load all three blades for the closest shave possible. For sensitive skin or areas, remove the bottom blade to dial things back.
- Finger-tighten the blade holder by turning the screw clockwise.
The Twig Razor
Is a single blade razor.
- Open the razor by twisting the bottom of the handle clockwise until the top lifts and twists out of the way.
- Load a single-edge blade into your Twig safety razor making sure to line up the notches on the sides of the blade with the matching feature on the blade holder. It should sit flat!
- Secure the The Twig razor closed by twisting the bottom of the handle counterclockwise until finger-tight.
Using Your Razor
- Wash and gently exfoliate your skin
- Start with softened hairs and open pores—we recommend immediately after showering.
- Lather using a good shave soap (we love a good bar soap)
- Don't apply any extra pressure, let the weight of the razor do the work (don't press hard!).
- If the razor is too aggressive on The Leaf, remove the bottom blade to dial things back.
- Rinse the razor frequently with warm water—the razor and skin should always be damp.
- Feel your skin to find places you may have missed and go over them again.
- For even closer results, repeat the process shaving against the natural direction of hair growth.